Monthly Archives: July 2014
The following appeared in the May 30, 1927 issue of the Milwaukee Sunday Journal.
A troop of 30 boys, ranging in age from seven to 13, provided Milton Junction with a "home guard" during the greater part of the Civil War.
With wooden guns the boys drilled regularly every morning and evening, paraded on special occasions and fired salutes with a little cannon every time the northern troops won an important battle. The banner on their flagpole was one of the first here to be lowered to half-mast when news came of the assassination of President Lincoln.